- July 15, 2021
- Posted by: sadie
- Category: Business Stategy, Culture improvement
You are the CEO with a Bold Vision for your company.
You’re confident you have the right people on the bus, and you feel it’s time for you to take the wheel and drive the company to your Bold Vision. Your leadership intentions are clear, but how about your leadership behaviours and beliefs?
Hold on a second – don’t turn the ignition key just yet. We can see that your hands are on the wheel. Let’s take a moment and check where your feet are!
In our quest to ignite a passion among ambitious entrepreneurs for great leadership, we’ve developed a 22-point Accelerator or Brakes Checklist.
It’s intended to help you understand where your feet are – on the accelerator, supporting your team’s drive to the organization’s Bold Vision, or on the brakes, unintentionally preventing your team from exceeding even their own expectations.
Here’s the Checklist:
Now here’s how to use it:
- The left column is a list of Leadership Behaviours or Beliefs.
- Read each one, and being brutally honest, circle which description in the next two columns is most accurate
- When you finish, circle your Big 3 Brakes
- Determine just one thing you will do, starting today, to move each one closer to Accelerator
I admit some of the descriptions may be a little too cryptic. If you find that to be the case, shoot me an email email@example.com and I will explain more fully.
The good news is great leadership is learnable, so don’t be discouraged if you have a few Brakes.
Come on – let’s get the pedal to the metal!