Building a really useful Strategic Plan
Alice asked the Cat “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?” “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat. “I don’t much care where–” said Alice. “Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat. “–so long as I get SOMEWHERE,” Alice added as an explanation. “Oh, you’re sure to do that,” said the Cat, “if you only walk long enough.” (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6)
Let’s suppose you’ve honestly assessed your brokerage performance, and you have really clarified your Vision. You already know you’re supposed to have a Plan – “Those who have a plan achieve X% more than those who don’t”, “That which we focus on we tend to achieve”. As we said, you know all this!
And yet, you don’t have a plan, do you?
Brokers give us a host of answers to this question!
“It’s on my list of To Do’s”
“I just have a few things to clean up then I’ll be able to get at it.”
“I have a plan – in my head.”
Maybe if you had 3 things – a simple process to follow, someone to coach you through it and a peer group to hold you accountable – you might have a better chance.
Take a look at this.
The Closed-Loop Strategic Planning Process™
The Closed-Loop Strategic Planning Process™ has evolved over a 15-year period, through practical use with insurance brokers across Canada. The Process is hard work, but it’s very straight forward, easy to follow, and always produces results.
There are 3 stages to the Process:
- The Off-Site Planning Session
- Follow-Up and Completion
iC3 works with you in every stage, as a catalyst and accountability agent.
What Does Closed-Loop Strategic Planning Process™ Include?
- Assess Your Current Situation (Financial Performance, Employee & Client Engagement, SWOT)
- Clarify Core Organizational Values
- Define Vision
- Confirm Leadership Team Roles & Responsibilities (8 Key Roles, Determine Structure & Best Fit)
- Identify 3 Major Strategic Goals
- Develop Business Initiatives (Each Member of Leadership Team)
- Close the Loop (Match Business Initiatives to SWOT)
- Create Action Plan (How Will You Complete the Plan?)
Tailoring the Process to Meet Your Needs
Every brokerage is different, so the Process must be tailored to meet your needs. We will work with you to create a customized program for your brokerage and will then lead your team through the Process as follows:
- Provide The Closed-Loop Strategic Planning Process™ Workbook
- Facilitate Pre-Work online sessions
- Facilitate 2-day off-site meeting
- Facilitate follow-up online sessions
- Conduct telephone discussions as necessary
Let's Get Started
What do you think? Sound promising? Click here to set up a Discovery Conversation with one of our Coaches.