- April 29, 2021
- Posted by: sadie
- Category: Business Stategy, Culture improvement, Employee Benefits
Empower your Team with Delegation!
- Your style needs to be tailored to each of your team members. One size does not fit all!
- No seagull management allowed! (You know – fly in, drop a load of poop and leave). Delegation must be thoughtful and purposeful.
- Delegate the ‘what’, not the ‘how’. The more ‘how’, the less motivation.
- Be precise in defining for the delegatee what a successful outcome looks like.
- Conduct the act of delegation in a video call, not an email. Make it easy for dialogue to happen and body language to be read.
- Clearly establish the post-care-and-feeding schedule. (What progress reports do you want, and when?)
- Show up at delivery time. Set a target completion date and be present for the celebration of the successful completion of the tasks.
Wishing you effective delegation!